Chaos Footbag Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos Footbag Forum

This is the Chaos Forum. It is for Chaos members, members of lesser clubs, and fans!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Link to this thread: "Lost Motivation for Freestyle?"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-10-20

A Link to this thread: "Lost Motivation for Freestyle?" Empty
PostSubject: A Link to this thread: "Lost Motivation for Freestyle?"   A Link to this thread: "Lost Motivation for Freestyle?" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey. I thought I'd post this here so that you can monitor the responses to a thread I created in a freestyle forum. There is a poll in the thread to watch as well. I hope it gets good traffic, enjoy!

Here is the link: [url=]http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=19630[/url]

"Reading Rieferman's post got me thinking about the players of my "generation" (i.e., starting in freestyle about 6-9 years ago), most of whom have either completely, or at least partially, lost motivation to progress in freestyle as they once wished. For some it was caused by injury, for others age, and for others, it was the realization they they would never attain the level of play they aspired to reach.

I see this as a problem. It seems like the turnover rate in the sport of footbag is quite high. But, it seems that the problem also seems quite easily solvable.

When I switched from freestyle to net, the change wasn't caused by any of the factors I mentioned above. For me it was caused simply by my exposure to the net game. That's right! As much as I dedicated my life to freestyle for 8 years, it was as easy to change as simply playing a few sessions of a new-to-me footbag game. I realized that although I was enjoying freestyle, Net presented an entirely new challenge, one that was worth changing my focus.

Now, net is in a really exciting time in it's history, although most people don't even know it. As far as I can think of, there are really only 3 to 4 young, up-and-coming American players whose skill levls will make them top-level competitors. The sport is ripe for young player development. All we need is a few young players to try it. I know that at least a handful will find it as intriguing as I do, especially those who have had a competitive background in either soccer or court sports such as tennis or volleyball.

What disappoints me is the fact that there has been a lapse of player recruitment and development in the US and Canada now for almost a decade. This obviously needs to change.

Just my thoughts."
Back to top Go down
Pat McCrotch

Pat McCrotch

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-30

A Link to this thread: "Lost Motivation for Freestyle?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Link to this thread: "Lost Motivation for Freestyle?"   A Link to this thread: "Lost Motivation for Freestyle?" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:52 am

Lost interest in freestyle not for those reasons stated above, but it simply got boring playing alone. even if a session takes place with several people, you are still essentially playing by yourself. freestyle doubles does not even come close to the teamwork and fun involved with doubles net.
basically, net pwns freestyle
Back to top Go down

A Link to this thread: "Lost Motivation for Freestyle?"
Page 1 of 1