Chaos Footbag Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos Footbag Forum

This is the Chaos Forum. It is for Chaos members, members of lesser clubs, and fans!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Converting passers by into fans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Converting passers by into fans Empty
PostSubject: Converting passers by into fans   Converting passers by into fans I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:37 pm

What are some strategies tournament organizers can use for how to entice a casual pedestrian walking by a tournament site to stay awhile and check out the action? Here are some ideas I've come up with or have been used:

-Venue that is visible and easily accessible to the public
-Sound system loud enough to be heard by pedestrians, DJ with a dynamic voice and popular music
-Professional looking signage posted where people are walking that points to the tournament site ( with a dynamic pic and enticing title/description)
-visible and comfortable seating for fans
-Vendors with food and drinks available to public
-Merchandise for sale
-footbag-related street action (foot-c?) for purpose of interacting with pedestrians
-Visible video cameras always draw attention
-People at the site/in the stands who look like they're having fun will draw more fans

Any other suggestions or ideas?
Back to top Go down
runamok

runamok

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Converting passers by into fans   Converting passers by into fans I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:20 pm

by drinks i assume you mean beer.

t-shirt cannons.
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Men?
Back to top Go down
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Converting passers by into fans   Converting passers by into fans I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:31 pm

How about trying a few outdoor Saturday sessions in different locations, such as on campus somewhere at Berkeley? Does anyone know of highly trafficed areas that'd be suitable for a net court?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting passers by into fans   Converting passers by into fans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting passers by into fans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Footbag Forum :: Competition :: Tournament Organization-
Jump to: