Chaos Footbag Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos Footbag Forum

This is the Chaos Forum. It is for Chaos members, members of lesser clubs, and fans!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good Net Shoes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:35 pm

New Balance 1010
(recently replaced by 1011 series, whose surfaces are poorer, find 'em cheaply, somewhat durable)
Good Net Shoes? M1010MC_lg

New Balance 926
(A replacement of the 925, with as good or better surfaces on inside and outside, all leather makes kicking easy, very durable, somewhat heavy, doesn't breathe well, poor sole tread)
Good Net Shoes? MW926BK_lg

Nike Air Max 90s
(Choice of most current good European players, very light, numerous color combinations, nice outsides, insides are avg, good sole tread, not durable, careful not to get the wrong kind)
Good Net Shoes? Nike-air-max-90-lucky-green-06

New Balance 1122 or 1123
(Flat inside and outside surfaces, durable, breathability, good cushioning, easy to find, quite expensive, lack of tread)

Good Net Shoes? P3720928p275w

I'm sure there are some other good net shoes out there, but I cannot vouch for them, so I won't post them. Feel free to add your opinions.
Back to top Go down
runamok

runamok

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:55 pm

this post regards the NewBalence 926's.

pros.

-popular among net players.
-great sweet spots (ins, outs)
-seem durable

cons.
-no traction.
-ugly like Betty

on another note about 1122/23
who uses these and can give us some insight as to how they play?
Back to top Go down
willy winston III

willy winston III

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:31 am

New Balance 1122/23

Cory and Alexi wear the 1122, which is no longer in production. It was replaced by the 1123, pictured in a post up above here a little way. Team Memphis, Jackula, the "new" Chicago guys, and probably a whole bunch of other people wear the 1123.

In my opinion, there is no better shoe out there. The tread could be a little better, but these babies come right out of the box ready-to-go. I've seen a couple of people do a tiny bit of grinding on the outsides, but it's unnecessary if you ask me. I've also heard at least a couple of people complain about the size of the toe box on the 1123, and I noticed that Walt the Assault added a little modification to his toe on his spiking foot.

I'm on my second pair of 1122's, and I have a third pair waiting in my closet. I bought my first pair at the New Balance store for about $125, but I bought the second and third pair on eBay for about $40-50 each. I think the 1123's cost about $130 right now.

As a side note... I wore through my first pair really quickly because I wore them at work all the time. They are so damn comfortable that I found it hard to take them off. I wear a size 14 (that's right ladies... feel free to send me a private email on the side...), and I have incredibly flat feet. I used to have back problems and I would always get tired very quickly. Once I started wearing those bad boys, all of those problems disappeared. I used to wear the Brooks Beast, which are also great net shoes, but they don't even compare to the New Balance in terms of comfort; for me at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inner-rectangle.blogspot.com
runamok

runamok

Number of posts : 19

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 pm

thanks willy
im hoping to get a pair of them 23's next then
Quote :
In my opinion, there is no better shoe out there.
Back to top Go down
Zeke

Zeke

Number of posts : 39

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:40 pm

I just found a bunch of "like new" (used 1-3 times) New Balance 1123's on e-bay in various mens and womens sizes.

Do women still play net?
Back to top Go down
http://www.footbag.org/gallery/member/13150
odi

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Anyone tried NB 587? They look really good and have at least better looking toe than 1123.
Back to top Go down
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:57 am

ive tried these before and didnt really likethem. they felt non-durable and the mtrl was thin, just not good for kicking.The plactic used for the sole made a funny hollow sound when the ball hit it and didnt seem to produce a true kick. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
odi

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 pm

So what about New balance 883 shoes? Has anyone tried them?
Back to top Go down
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 am

Funny you should ask! Patrick Schrickel recently bought these shoes (2 months ago?) and is using them now that his beasts are mostly dead. He says he likes the inside and outside surfaces a lot; his kicks haven't changed much for the worse. They are also really light weight, which he likes. His serve has changed a bit since he's been kicking in these shoes . . . it seems he is less consistent with it and needs more time to adjust to serving with them. Also, I have noticed that his toe reverse seems to have a sharper angle and shorter trajectory. In other words, they produce more "down" on the toe reverse.

I hope that he reads this thread and gives feedback. I will message himtomorrow and tell him our post exists Odi. Maybe he'll respond.
Back to top Go down
odi

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks! Do you know how wide 883s are? I have a very wide feet so I'm thinking about getting 2E or 4E shoes. 1122s I had were about 1cm too narrow. I have modified some shoes to have better toes so that doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Net Shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Net Shoes?   Good Net Shoes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Net Shoes?
Page 1 of 1