Chaos Footbag Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos Footbag Forum

This is the Chaos Forum. It is for Chaos members, members of lesser clubs, and fans!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Book of Spikes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-10-20

The Book of Spikes Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Spikes   The Book of Spikes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Recently I have undertaken a project to gather the spiking techniques of the pros and make them public knowledge, via text from the players themselves and video clips. I am still in the development phase of this effort, but want to share my vision of this project and accept requests, suggestions, and critiques from the members of this forum.

If a new player is interested in learning about a toe reverse for example, that person could refer to this thread and and read the numerous techniques provided, which are written by several of footbag's top players. That player would then be able to choose the style of toe reverse most suited to his/her game based on body type, degree of consistency, power, level of effort required, or flashiness.

I hope to have at least 3 analyses per published spike, however, there will likely be a few spikes that are unique to one particular player. By studying the words and video of the pros, these high-level spike techniques will hopefully be easier for new and developing players to learn and practice safely.

This project will provide a way to disseminate knowledge to players across cities, states, countries, and continents when face-to-face teaching methods would be improbable. If you are a high-level player who is interested in helping with this effort by critically analyzing your best spike(s), PM me and I will send you a short form created for this purpose.

-Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Zeke

Zeke

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-23

The Book of Spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Spikes   The Book of Spikes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Wooooooo, can't wait to see how this turns out
Back to top Go down
http://www.footbag.org/gallery/member/13150
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

The Book of Spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Spikes   The Book of Spikes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 am

Within the next week, I hope to have the first few "chapters" of The Book of Spikes for public viewing. The project will likely be split up into three large sections: The Basic Spikes, Standard Spikes for Advanced Players, Crowd Pleasing Spikes. Each section will consist of the spikes that I decide fit into each category. What will be posted for public viewing is what I have received from players thus far, and does not in any way reflect the order in which spikes should be learned.
Back to top Go down
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

The Book of Spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Spikes   The Book of Spikes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:20 pm

So far, I have written a forward to the book. I am waiting on the various professionals working with me to complete and submit their sections to me, so that I may start the work of editing/correcting/revising their submissions, since many of them do not speak English as their primary language. I will keep you updated with how it is going.

Also, there is a nice possibility that this work will be fused with a spike video gallery, which would make it easier to visualize what the pros are describing. Stay tuned . . .

Edit: Carlos marquez has volunteered to translate this work into Spanish. Thank you Carlos. Also, I do not want it to spund like all I have done is write the forward. I have also completed two spike entries for this work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Book of Spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Spikes   The Book of Spikes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Book of Spikes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Footbag Forum :: Training :: Practice Formats, Drills, Tips ,Techniques-
Jump to: