Chaos Footbag Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos Footbag Forum

This is the Chaos Forum. It is for Chaos members, members of lesser clubs, and fans!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-10-20

A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship Empty
PostSubject: A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship   A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Every IFPA sanctioned tournament this year should have a player acting as a referee for every official match.

In fact, I believe that if a tournament organizer is unwilling to promise this standard when applying for IFPA sponsorship, that IFPA sanctioning should be withheld from the event. I can go into more detail about this subject later, but for now, what are your thoughts on this subject?
Back to top Go down
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

PostSubject: Re: A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship   A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Additionally, coming from a recent thread on the .org forum, each match judge should have a set of yellow and red cards with their clipboard and score sheets, since the doling out of these cards is written into the IFPA rulebook for Net.
Back to top Go down
willy winston III

willy winston III

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship   A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:30 am

Not only do I agree with the two previous posts on this thread, but I would also add that further requirements to IFPA sanctioning should also include minimal organizational standards to be met.

Some that immediately come to mind:
1. Your tournament must be large enough to be sanctioned. (No sanctioning if less than 10 people compete.)
2. Your tournament must be promotable and promoted. (No sanctioning if the tournament is taking place in your backyard and you have no intention of trying to get sponsorships and media coverage.)
3. Your tournament must follow all IFPA rules. (No changing scoring methods or plane rules. If the scoring methods or plane rules are not to your liking, you must work to change the rules of the IFPA, not the tournament rules.)
4. All tournaments must be played out to the end, including (and especially) consolation matches. Furthermore, all results must be immediately reported to the IFPA for ranking purposes. If a tournament director does not report results or hinders the ability for consolation matches to be played, he or she should not receive future sanctioning. The recording of this information is crucial if we ever want to get a real ranking system that actually works.

IFPA-sanctioned tournaments should look professional and consistent with each other, regardless of which club or city is hosting them. If I am a spectator or potential sponsor and I see that they play the game differently from one place to another I will have no choice but to decide that the sport is too unorganized to be worthy of my time and/or money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inner-rectangle.blogspot.com
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

PostSubject: Re: A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship   A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:35 am

The only problem that I have with your post above is that the IFPA states in their sanctioning application that
they allow for exceptions to the stated IFPA rules, as long as the changed rule or procedure is listed on the application:

Quote :
"12. Are there any intended deviations from the rules set forth in the Official Rules of Footbag Sports? If so, list them."

Thus you contradict your own statement of:

Quote :
Your tournament must follow all IFPA rules.

because one of the IFPA's rules is that it allows for modification of existing rules by individual tournaments and tourney organizers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship   A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Requisite for IFPA Sponsoship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Footbag Forum :: Competition :: Tournament Organization-
Jump to: