Chaos Footbag Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaos Footbag Forum

This is the Chaos Forum. It is for Chaos members, members of lesser clubs, and fans!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share Good Music

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Share Good Music Empty
PostSubject: Share Good Music   Share Good Music I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:25 am

Post music recommendations for your fellow net players here.
Back to top Go down
willy winston III

willy winston III

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Share Good Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share Good Music   Share Good Music I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:30 am

The best three CD's I've bought in the last few years (yes, I still buy CD's. Every iPod I've owned has died on me.)

OSI- Office of Strategic Influence
Get their first, self-titled album. Try to find the import with the bonus CD- it has a killer cover of "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun". Unbelievably good prog rock.

Them Crooked Vultures
Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana), Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin, American Revolution).
All I can say is WOW!

Coheed and Cambria- Good Appollo, I'm Burning Star IV
Another great prog rock album. I love cranking track 12 during the last mile of a run.

Also, I find that everyone seems to step it up a notch on the court when we play anything by Rage Against the Machine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inner-rectangle.blogspot.com
Jergernaut

Jergernaut

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Share Good Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share Good Music   Share Good Music I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Sage Francis' new album "Li(f)e" came out last week. It is a departure from earlier styles of traditional hip hop, taking influence from artists such as Buck 65 and other fringe artists. He raps/tells stories about his own life set to an orchestra. Quite interesting for the hip hop genre.

If you can get it for a reasonable price, it is worth your time.
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Sucky

Sergeant Sucky

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Share Good Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share Good Music   Share Good Music I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:17 pm

For my hip hop/dub fans I recommend the new Gorillaz album, "Plastic Beach". It's their best album to date. F
Also "Funk Man - the Stimulus Package" by Del tha Funkee Homosapien.

Josh, if you haven't got to The Stooges yet, I recommend starting with "Raw Power". That shit is exactly that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Share Good Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share Good Music   Share Good Music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share Good Music
Page 1 of 1